Newbie Boarding (Mentoring/coaching)

sowgenius Private First Class
Iron Member
Aug 30, 2022
$0
Hey Everybody,

As a newbie( me - at the time i'm writing this post), you'll struggle to understand fully how this platform works.

This is my third day today and I'll a recap of what I did and where I struggled in this platform.

First thing first: The community rules ! This is insane how hard it is to get everything in the beginning:
- Like how can I download ressources. All the steps you have to go to get there.
(I don't know for you but I almost quitted.)
- How the credits works (I get most of it now by reading about it 100x lol ). How to gain credit ? how to buy credit ? etc...

Here is some simple step to reach bronze without to much struggle (as I'm writting this I'm not bronze yet but this is exactly my plan):

- Email validation (Easy - self explanatory).

- Write post/ message:
- You can use post like this to introduce yourself.
- Read and like messages you find useful or interesting to you, add comments, ask for help for anything. Try reach 5 messages then do 15.
- Look for subject you're intereted in and try to contribute to it. (Why you need that for, thank you message, etc..).

- Ressources:
- Upload ressource: You have to upload resource that you've bought because they can ask for proof. It has to be the last version of it and shouldn't be on the platform.
Try to use the search bar to see if it exists or not then upload it if not. Sometimes they will reject it and you don't have any means to know what the issue because they don't bother sending you a message to explain.
- Update resource: You should have a button saying "update resource" before leave a rating. if not, you're basically not allow to do so. I feel like you need to reach iron before you do but I have to confirm this allegation.

-Credits:
- Earn: You can earn credits by uploading paid ressource everytime someone download it. There is other way to earn credit but you've to have paid membership but be very very careful with thoses upgrades. THEY DO NOT REFUND AT ALL . Read before you buy anything. Read the post about it.
You can earn credit by contributing to the platform too and based on the membership you have.
- Buy: Buying credits is the easiest way to get any ressource you need. Upgrading you membership do not give you any credits (I get that from my reading).

- Memberships:
- Free : Contributing can help you upgrade you membership to bronze. No more.
- Paid : I don't plan tohave any of this so I won't provide any information here. Be careful and read before you do anything !!!

- Need help:
Feel free to come here if you have any question. No matter how tricial it is. I will help you asap.

General:
Please be kind and contribute to this thread to help newcomers boarding.
You can at least write a comment and like people comment to help them grow too.

I'll update this thread as frequently as possible and I will gladly add your suggestion.

Now, Do not respond to this ! (Reverse psychology...? May be... lol )

Last edited:
Dear sowgenius,
thank you vety much for the guide and for the suggestions.
Well, I agree with you: at a first view, interbnal logics and dynamics are a little bit hard and confusing.
This is my second day here, and I still don't know if I will go on.
To be honest, I'm still trying to understand if it makes sense trying to contribute (I mean, really) in the community.
Anyway, good post.

Hi sowgenius,
Thanks fo this short tutorial! I am new and also lost. I am going to follow your tutorial and see where it leads me 🙂

Dear sowgenius,
thank you vety much for the guide and for the suggestions.
Well, I agree with you: at a first view, interbnal logics and dynamics are a little bit hard and confusing.
This is my second day here, and I still don't know if I will go on.
To be honest, I'm still trying to understand if it makes sense trying to contribute (I mean, really) in the community.
Anyway, good post.

Hi dear Aleroman,

You're very welcome. In most case, it makes sense to contribute. it's a lil bitt hard here but I guess we need people to make changes in here.
There is still a lot to change. What are your suggestions ?? I want to hear it.
Hope you'll reply soon so we can dive into it.

Hey Everybody,

As a newbie( me - at the time i'm writing this post), you'll struggle to understand fully how this platform works.

This is my third day today and I'll a recap of what I did and where I struggled in this platform.

First thing first: The community rules ! This is insane how hard it is to get everything in the beginning:
- Like how can I download ressources. All the steps you have to go to get there.
- How the credits works (I get most of it now by reading about it 100x lol ). How to gain credit ? how to buy credit ? etc...

Here is some simple step to reach bronze without to much struggle (as I'm writting this I'm not bronze yet but this is exactly my plan):

- Write post/ message:
- Read and like messages you find useful or interesting to you, add comments, ask for help for anything. Try reach 5 messages then do 15.
- Look for subject you're intereted in and try to contribute to it. (Why you need that for, thank you message, etc..).

- Ressources:
- Upload ressource: You have to upload resource that you've bought because they can ask for proof. It has to be the last version of it and shouldn't be on the platform.
Try to use the search bar to see if it exists or not then upload it if not. Sometimes they will reject it and you don't have any means to know what the issue because they don't bother sending you a message to explain.
- Update resource: You should have a button saying "update resource" before leave a rating. if not, you're basically not allow to do so. I feel like you need to reach iron before you do but I have to confirm this allegation.

-Credits:
- Earn: You can earn credits by uploading paid ressource everytime someone download it. There is other way to earn credit but you've to have paid membership but be very very careful with thoses upgrades. THEY DO NOT REFUND AT ALL . Read before you buy anything. Read the post about it.
You can earn credit by contributing to the platform too and based on the membership you have.
- Buy: Buying credits is the easiest way to get any ressource you need. Upgrading you membership do not give you any credits (I get that from my reading).

- Memberships:
- Paid : I don't plan tohave any of this so I won't provide any information here. Be careful and read before you do anything !!!

- Need help:
Feel free to come here if you have any question. No matter how tricial it is. I will help you asap.

General:

I'll update this thread as frequently as possible and I will gladly add your suggestion.

Hey Everybody,

- Write post/ message:

- Ressources:

-Credits:

- Memberships:

- Need help:

General:

Thank for your post.

Somewhat less confusing but still kind of confusing lol

It seems weird to earn 0 credits for uploading several resources but having to still pay to download any resource.... why would I multiple of my resources just to pay money to get anything back

Back