[DigitalPoint] PWA

[DigitalPoint] PWA 1.2.3

No permission to download
jessy Master Sergeant
Staff member
Moderating
badge id 1 1 Year of Membership badge id 13 100 Messages badge id 2 2 Years of Membership badge id 14 500 Messages
Jun 28, 2020
$5,855
thanks to dear member @jessy submitted a new resource:

[DigitalPoint] PWA - This addon adds a few things that I felt were missing from XenForo's PWA app

View attachment 55131
This addon adds a few things that I felt were missing from XenForo's PWA app:
  • If the user that is installing the PWA app is logged in, auto-log them into the PWA app (don't need to force users to log-in from scratch when they first load the installed app).
  • Use Sec-Fetch-Site header as replacement for CSRF with a fallback to CSRF if browser doesn't support Sec-Fetch-Site (prevent stale sessions from causing security error message)...

Read more about this resource...

thanks to dear member @jessy updated [DigitalPoint] PWA with a new update entry:

changelog

• Added ability to send push notices to users (Admin -> Communications -> Push users)
  • New PWA option: Enable debugging (you are welcome to enable this, but it was intended for me. It spews stuff to your server error log... but feel free)
    • Logs changes to user push subscriptions
    • Logs web push server errors
  • Delete push_subscription_updated session cookie when a new session is created (causes push subscription endpoint to be updated if old one was expired)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

thanks to dear member @jessy updated [DigitalPoint] PWA with a new update entry:

changelog

By default XenForo relies on a browser being willing to subscribe to push notifications if the user previously granted permission. Safari (and iOS PWA) does not work that way, even a re-subscribe needs to be initiated by a user gesture (see this post). This causes iOS PWA (and desktop Safari browsers) to "lose" their push subscription since XenForo is relying on browsers to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back